We will be holding regional taste tests in four areas of the state. Winners from the each region will advance to compete in the “Best Tasting Water in Indiana” at our annual Fall Conference, October 17th, 2018 in Fort Wayne, IN.
Regional Taste Test Schedule
Region 1: May 24th - Akron @ expo
Region 2: Winner - City of Fort Wayne
Region 3: Winner - City of Greencastle
Region 4: April 24th - Milan @ training
Official Contest Rules
1. Upon arrival at taste test site, register your one-gallon sample. Samples will be stored by Alliance staff until the taste test. A representative from the system MUST be present during the contest.
2. It is preferable that you submit the one-gallon container of water, labeled with your system name on the bottom, in a glass container.
3. Store your sample on ice, in a small, labeled cooler. No large coolers will be accepted, as space is limited. All coolers will need to be retrieved after the contest.
4. Systems submitting samples must be members of the Alliance and meet IDEM approval by having no violations of bacteriological testing or chemical monitoring for two years prior to the Taste Test.
5. A panel of judges will be selected to rate samples based on taste, odor, and clarity.
6. The winner will receive a news release to appear in the Hoosier Pipeline magazine, as well as an all-Inclusive trip to Washington, DC to compete in the NRWA Great American Water Taste Test 2019.