Water Crew Foreman - Town of Bargersville
Reports To: Water Supervisor
\he foreman for the Water Distribution crew is responsible for the day-to-day field service duties of the department to ensure proper maintenance and operations of the Utilities water distribution system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Have knowledge about how to operate the machinery.
- Be knowledgeable about main and service installations
- Have knowledge about the general system.
- Possess leadership skills, decision making skills, as well as organizational skills
- Lead the crew on projects as designated and assure that activities are completed safely, accurately, and efficiently.
- Lead the crew in a safe manner while reflecting compliance to department policies and training each crew member as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must possess a Grade DSL Distribution license. Must possess and maintain a Class A CDL driver’s license.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables of standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
View Full Job Description
Submit Resumes to:
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax – 317-422-3743
- US Mail: Town of Bargersville Attention: N. Balish 24 North Main Street PO Box 420 Bargersville, IN 46106