Permitting Specialist/ Wetland Ecologist - Ecological Services Position Opening
Position: Permitting Specialist/ Wetland Ecologist
Supervisor: Erin Mulryan, President
Hours per week: Full-time salary (40 hours)
Starting Date: Immediately
Salary: Negotiable and dependent on experience
Green 3, LLC is an environmental planning and design firm located in historic Fountain Square near
downtown Indianapolis. The firm currently has an opening for a Permitting Specialist/ Wetland
The Green 3 firm and its talented staff offer:
- A fun, casual work environment in funky, artsy, retro Fountain Square Cultural District
- Flexible work hours
- The option to work remotely on occasion
- A basic health insurance package
- AFLAC plan options
- A simple IRA with company match
- An office cat for casual in-house companionship
- A pet friendly workplace
- Staff outings- baseball games, St. Pat’s Parade, and other fun activities
- A full kitchen for meal prep
- Opportunities for profit sharing
- Professional development opportunities
- Paid holidays and a generous amount of paid time off.
The successful candidate should possess a Master or Bachelor of Science degree in biology, botany,
environmental science, or natural resources and have relevant experience working in the field of ecology
or related field. The desired candidate must have proven experience in successfully processing federal
and state waterway permits in accordance with IDEM and USACE procedures. Experience with NEPA
document preparation and wetland delineations in accordance with INDOT and USACE delineation
procedures is strongly desired. Candidates with less educational background but proven experience
with plant identification, knowledge of Indiana ecosystems, and federal and state waterway permitting
will also be considered.
- Proven experience with USACE and IDEM waterway permitting and agency coordination.
- Masters or Bachelor degree with sufficient and relevant experience in biology, botany,
environmental science, or natural resources, or proven experience in field data gathering and
- Ability to analyze and comply with regulatory procedures, policies, and production of wetland
delineations and waters reports, and approval processes.
- Knowledge of Indiana ecosystems, with special emphasis on wetland and stream ecology.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, ArcMAP/GIS, and Adobe Acrobat programs.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects efficiently to meet project deadlines.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Conduct preliminary research of project sites using online mapping tools such as Indiana
Geological Survey’s Indiana Map, county GIS sites, ArcMap, and National Wetlands
- Perform site investigations including ecological surveys, wetland delineations, and other
associated field investigations, sometimes in adverse site conditions (such as heat and cold).
- Communicate effectively with clients, agencies, and fellow staff.
- Compile appropriate and thorough documentation meeting state and federal procedural
standards for federal and state waterway permitting, wetland delineations, and NEPA
documentation per INDOT procedures; this includes report text and field data sheets, as well as
development of required project maps and photo documentation.
- Assist with coordination and documentation of ecological, wetlands, and waters data for NEPA
If you have questions, please contact Erin Mulryan, President, at email@example.com or 317-634-
4110. Please forward resume and cover letter to Erin.