LCUL proudly embarks on out 7th year presenting an enhanced version of CUNA's Certified Financial Counseling program (FiCEP) with webinar tutorials and live trainings. Those who successfully complete the program and exams will earn their Credit Union Certified Financial Counselor (CCUFC) Designation
The FiCEP curriculum includes:
- 8 modules presented in print format to be read at the student’s pace prior to webinar viewing
- 8 tutorial webinars to recap and highlight each module
- FAQ Sheet for each module plus a Q&A email helpline for additional assistance
- 2 live In-Person trainings to include instructor review, role playing & best practices & idea sharing
- Links to take-away tool kits for tracking methods and program implementation starter tips
- Online practice quizzes
- 2 league staff proctored online tests of 100 questions each – one mid-term and one at final
- Tuesday, January 15: Introduction to Financial Counseling
- Tuesday, January 22: Financial Counseling Essentials
- Tuesday, February 5: Special Issues in Financial Counseling
- Tuesday, February 19: Using Communication Skills During Financial Counseling
Part 1 Live Training/Testing Session: February 26 from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (location TBA)
- Tuesday, March 12: Taxes, Insurance, and Investments
- Tuesday, March 26: Controlling Expenses
- Tuesday, April 9: Money, Attitudes & Behaviors
- Tuesday, April 23: Retirement & Personal Financial Preparedness
Part 2 Live Training/Testing Session: May 7 from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (location TBA)
All testing is done online so that students receive their grades instantly and privately. Students must have access to a laptop computer or tablet with wireless internet connectivity capabilities.
$995 per person. (Registration closes December 14 to ensure timely arrival of books)
Anyone desiring to become one should have the opportunity to do so, buy we especially recommend this program for Lending Staff, Collections Staff, Branch Manages, Trainers and Educators.
Are you ready to join the ranks of the 350+ Certified Financial Counselors currently serving Louisiana's Credit Union Members? Your Louisiana peers found the course to be rewarding on so many levels.