Menu

WFC News

Posted: Jul 26, 2017

Four Spokane firefighters recovering after exposure during hazardous gas leak at retirement home

Six people were taken to the hospital and 75 residents at the Riverview Retirement Community in the 1800 block of E. Upriver Dr. had to be evacuated Tuesday evening due to a hazardous gas leak. The Spokane Fire Department responded to the call around 7:30 p.m. Upon arrival crews discovered there was a leak of r22 Freon, which is a refrigerant, from a hazardous gas container.
- PUB DATE: 7/26/2017 10:54:26 AM - SOURCE: KHQ-TV NBC 6
Read more
Posted: Jul 26, 2017

North Spokane fires close Highway 2, force people from their homes

Firefighters have contained two brush fires burning miles a part from one another in north Spokane County. The Pit fire, started right off Highway 2, Tuesday afternoon and burned two acres. The fire closed Highway 2 for a period of time. Firefighters told KXLY there were several ignition points. Firefighters from six different agencies quickly knocked the fire down, only to have another fire start miles up the road.
- PUB DATE: 7/26/2017 8:30:18 AM - SOURCE: KXLY-TV ABC 4
Read more
Posted: Jul 26, 2017

Seattle Fire Department: New rescue swimmer pilot program could help save more lives

The Seattle Fire Department has launched a year-long pilot program that could help save more lives during water rescues using teams of highly-trained rescue swimmers. The department held a demonstration off the shores of Alki Beach in West Seattle on Tuesday morning. As part of the demonstration, the King County Sheriff's Office Guardian One helicopter flew overhead as a Seattle firefighter dressed in a red and black suit entered the water and swam out to someone in need of help.
- PUB DATE: 7/26/2017 7:10:35 AM - SOURCE: KOMO-TV ABC 4 and Radio 1000
Read more
Posted: Jul 26, 2017

Yakima garage fire takes the lives of one dog and three parrots

A fire destroyed an attached garage at a South Naches Road home and spread into the home’s roof and crawl space Tuesday. The fire broke out shortly before noon in the garage at 9645 South Naches Road, according to firefighters. Before firefighters were able to control the blaze, it spread through the roof space and damaged the master bedroom and bath, according to Naches Fire Department officials.
- PUB DATE: 7/26/2017 1:51:59 AM - SOURCE: YakTriNews
Read more
Posted: Jul 26, 2017

Firefighters knock down brush fire on Redmond-Duvall-Woodinville border

Firefighters from three cities moved quickly to extinguish a brush fire in the 13300 block of 242nd Avenue Northeast on Tuesday afternoon before the blaze could cause significant structural damage. The fire, which burned around one-half acre of pasture, was reported at 1:24 p.m. Lynn Cash lives on the property and said she and her family were gone when it started.
- PUB DATE: 7/26/2017 1:47:41 AM - SOURCE: Redmond Reporter
Read more
RSS
12345678910Last

Search News Articles