Menu

WFC News

Posted: Jul 24, 2015

Oh Crap: 73 Acres Burned in Boise Foothills Fire

A 73-acre fire in the Boise foothills started around 1:30 p.m. on July 22 after a mountain biker stopped to poop in a ravine, then lit his toilet paper on fire to dispose of it. According to the Bureau of Land Management, the biker thought he was doing the responsible thing by getting rid of the toilet paper, but an ember from the toilet paper quickly lead to the fire growing out of control.
- PUB DATE: 7/24/2015 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: boise weekly
Read more
Posted: Jul 24, 2015

Maine EMT, 87, still driving ambulance, helping people

This Fourth of July, 87-year-old Edna Mitchell was tending the dessert table at the Liberty Fire Department’s annual chicken barbecue when the police scanner sputtered to life. A woman was having a medical problem and required assistance. Mitchell sprang into action, leaving her famous mincemeat cake behind as she headed over to the garage where the Liberty Ambulance vehicle is kept.
- PUB DATE: 7/24/2015 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: bangor daily news
Read more
Posted: Jul 24, 2015

North Carolina firefighters rushing in without enough help

Some local fire departments are on probation after being cited by the state of North Carolina for failing to respond to emergency calls. That means that the crews either didn't respond at all or didn't have enough firefighters on the truck. When firefighters get a call for help, the state requires that at least four firefighters respond.
- PUB DATE: 7/24/2015 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: WSOC-TV ABC 9 Charlotte
Read more
Posted: Jul 24, 2015

Utah firefighter suffers serious injury, station damaged after ‘freak accident’ involving fireworks

PHOTOS: A volunteer firefighter suffered burns on his hands and face after a “freak accident” involving fireworks at a fire station in Marysvale Thursday. Ann Kennedy, a Marysvale City Council Member, said the firefighter was helping to take about 70 fireworks out of the Marysvale Fire Station to be set up on a hill for a fireworks display Thursday night.
- PUB DATE: 7/24/2015 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: KSTU-TV Fox 13 Now Salt Lake City
Read more
Posted: Jul 24, 2015

Badly burned Virginia firefighter, 16, remains in hospital

A 16-year-old Marshall volunteer firefighter underwent seven hours of surgery and skin grafts Wednesday to treat burns suffered Sunday morning. Adam Glaze remains in the Washington MedStar Hospital Center, where county career and volunteer firefighters have gathered to offer support. A rising Fauquier High School junior, Mr.
- PUB DATE: 7/24/2015 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: fauquier now
Read more
RSS
First14061407140814091411141314141415Last

Theme picker

Search News Articles