Township of Parsippany-Troy Hills
OPEN POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Environmental Engineering Aide: Water Utility
Department: Water Department
Workweek: Monday through Friday 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM. Must be available for emergencies 24/7 and able to respond within 1 hour when needed.
Wage: Per ordinance.
Definition: Under direction assists the Assistant Water Superintendent in performing technical and administrative
duties for the Water Utility. Will be put to task on maintaining water quality data and sampling schedules, GIS mapping, hydraulic modeling, operational record keeping and assisting with complying to State regulatory requirements. Also performs routine field work including, but not limited to regulatory water quality sampling, field measurements and other related work as required.
Knowledge and Abilities:
· Knowledge of methods and techniques in engineering, construction and environmental work and of the methods used in making basic arithmetic calculations.
· Ability to understand, remember and carry out written and oral directions and to learn quickly from written and oral explanation and from demonstration.
· Ability to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the Water Utility.
· Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite, ArcGIS and other related programs and applications.
· Ability to read, write, speak, understand and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position.
· Ability to communicate with the public and other public officials.
· Self-motivated to work in response to emergencies on nights and weekends. Must be able to work for long periods in emergency situations.
Education and Experience:
· Graduation from a regionally accredited or NJ state registered college with an associate’s degree in engineering, business or biological sciences degree, or closely-related field.
· One-year work experience in the engineering, construction of water distribution systems or environmental fields.
· Must possess a valid NJ driver’s license.
· Possession of a valid NJDEP issued water distribution (W1) license and water treatment (T1) license or the willingness and ability to obtain both licenses within 18 months of employment.
To Apply: Submit a letter of interest and resume to Sean Andres, Assistant Water Superintendent (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy to Hank Sunyak, Personnel Director (email@example.com).
Closing Date: Open until filled.