2020 marks LCUL's 8th year presenting an enhanced version of CUNA's Certified Financial Counseling program (FiCEP) to Louisiana. Over 400 Louisiana Credit Union Professionals have already completed the program and earned their Credit Union Certified Financial Counselor (CCUFC) Designation
to help more members achieve financial health.
The FiCEP curriculum includes:
- 8 modules presented in print format to be read at the student’s pace prior to webinar viewing
- 8 tutorial webinars to recap and highlight each module
- 8 fill-in-the-blank Study Guides with answer keys for each module
- 2 live In-Person training days to include instructor review, role playing, mind mapping program implementation & idea sharing
- Take-away tool kits including budget spreadsheets, spending plans, tracking methods and more
- 2 league staff proctored online tests of 100 questions each – one mid-term and one at final
- Tuesday, January 14: Introduction to Financial Counseling
- Tuesday, January 21: Financial Counseling Essentials
- Tuesday, February 4: Special Issues in Financial Counseling
- Tuesday, February 18: Using Communication Skills During Financial Counseling
Part 1 Live Training/Testing Session: March 3 from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (location TBA)
- Tuesday, March 10: Taxes, Insurance, and Investments
- Tuesday, March 24: Controlling Expenses
- Tuesday, April 7: Money, Attitudes & Behaviors
- Tuesday, April 21: Retirement & Personal Financial Preparedness
Part 2 Live Training/Testing Session: April 28 from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (location TBA)
All testing is done online so that students receive their grades instantly and privately. Students must have access to a laptop computer or tablet with wireless internet connectivity capabilities.
New Book option - $995 per person
Bring your own book option - $795 per person. This option requires you to borrow or purchase a used copy of this book from your peers on your own The current set of books for the course have 4th edition clearly marked on cover and spine.
Registration closes December 13 to ensure timely arrival of books
Anyone desiring to become one should have the opportunity to do so, buy we especially recommend this program for Lending Staff, Collections Staff, Branch Managers, Trainers and Educators.