Menu

WFC News

Posted: Dec 5, 2019

Neighbors remember man killed when truck collapsed on top of him in northeast Spokane

The Spokane Fire Department has released new details after a man in northeast Spokane was crushed beneath a truck. The Department first responded to the call at 10:14 a.m. on Thursday, December 5. First responders arrived in four minutes and reported the man was trapped beneath a large commercial vehicle, pulseless and not breathing.
- PUB DATE: 12/5/2019 7:45:29 PM - SOURCE: KHQ-TV NBC 6
Read more
Posted: Dec 5, 2019

Spokane Firefighters: Carbon monoxide scare at South Hill restaurant serves as important reminder

As we head into winter, we're at an even greater risk of carbon monoxide poisoning and people at a South Hill Restaurant learned that the hard way Wednesday night. Luna suffered a carbon monoxide scare Wednesday when firefighters responded to reports of a sick person -- then found unhealthy levels of carbon monoxide coming from a furnace.
- PUB DATE: 12/5/2019 7:44:19 PM - SOURCE: KXLY-TV ABC 4
Read more
Posted: Dec 5, 2019

Report lays out needs of Camas-Washougal Fire Department

The first time Zach Goodman addressed the Camas City Council about firefighter safety was in March 2018, just a few weeks after a two-person Camas-Washougal firefighter crew had pulled a man and his dogs from a burning house. “I’ve got to say, I’m second-guessing my decision to live here because of the two-person engine crews,” Goodman, a 14-year career firefighter and Camas resident, told city leaders in 2018.
- PUB DATE: 12/5/2019 1:02:35 PM - SOURCE: Camas-Washougal Post-Record
Read more
Posted: Dec 5, 2019

Kennewick police claim victory against firefighters in charity basketball game

Usually law enforcement and firefighters are on the same team, but that wasn't the case last night in the Tri-Cities. Kennewick police and firefighters faced off in a game of basketball at Southridge High School in order to raise funds for charity. It was a competitive game but at the end of the night it was the police that "took home the hardware.
- PUB DATE: 12/5/2019 12:29:29 PM - SOURCE: YakTriNews
Read more
Posted: Dec 5, 2019

Everett apartment reopens nearly 2 years after deadly arson

VIDEO: The Highridge Apartments reopened in north Everett nearly two years after a homeless man set fire to the complex. “We owned this property for a long time, and we knew this is where we wanted to be. And I didn’t have any interest in a random arsonist taking that away from us,” said Jim Addington, who has owned the property since 1999 with his wife.
- PUB DATE: 12/5/2019 8:59:47 AM - SOURCE: KOMO News 1000 AM and 97.7 FM. Seattle
Read more
RSS
12345678910Last

Search News Articles