Posted: Jul 15, 2015
Firefighters watched helplessly for an hour and a half as a power pole burned before sending a surge of electricity into a home that caught fire and destroyed 35 years of country music history and heirlooms.
While firefighters kept the fire from spreading to nearby properties, they were unable to fight the pole or house fire while the power was still on, said Tieton fire Chief Sam Glanzer.
- PUB DATE: 7/15/2015 9:20:56 AM - SOURCE: Walla Walla Union-Bulletin
Read more
- 1035
- Article rating: No rating
Posted: Jul 15, 2015
City of Battle Ground officials will soon enter into negotiations with representatives of Fire District 3 on a contract for fire services.
Earlier this year, Battle Ground officials sent out a Request For Proposal (RFP) for fire and emergency services and bids were due June 1. That action came after the city exercised an option in its six-year contract with Clark County Fire & Rescue (CCFR) on Dec.
- PUB DATE: 7/15/2015 2:12:06 AM - SOURCE: The Reflector.com
Read more
- 1049
- Article rating: No rating
Posted: Jul 15, 2015
It’s a tough anniversary for a family to mark. It’s two years since the passing of Miami Dade Fire Captain Rafeal Herraro. His journey and battle with cancer, lymphoma, the first in a series of cases that triggered a CBS4 investigation, The Silent Killer.
“The rate of cancer we are seeing in our fire department is huge and that made us start looking at what could it be,” says Captain Shane Anderson.
- PUB DATE: 7/15/2015 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: cbs miami
Read more
- 994
- Article rating: No rating
Posted: Jul 15, 2015
The Compton Fire Department has failed to properly document emergency medical care and monitor the training and performance of the city rescuers who respond to 911 calls for help, according to a confidential audit obtained by The Times. The six-page audit, delivered to the department in February by county regulators, follows a series of Times reports on breakdowns at the fire agency that prompted city leaders to launch an investigation and place the department's chief on leave.
- PUB DATE: 7/15/2015 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: los angeles times
Read more
- 907
- Article rating: No rating
Posted: Jul 15, 2015
A week after paying a former deputy coroner $200,000 in Fair Labor Standards Act and whistleblower complaints, the Augusta Commission on Tuesday authorized another settlement with workers alleging they were improperly paid for overtime work. A class-action lawsuit filed by Augusta Fire Department Lt.
- PUB DATE: 7/15/2015 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: the augusta chronicle
Read more
- 1059
- Article rating: No rating